Dental, Vision and Special Services
- Two free dental cleanings each year
- Discount on dental services at network dentists* in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia
- No premiums
- No paperwork or claims to fill out
- No deductibles or maximums
- No need to select a primary dental office
- No referrals required to see a specialist
*Note: the discount on dental services is not available at network dentists in Virginia at this time.
For more information, visit the United Concordia “Clients’ Corner” page.
- One routine eye exam per year, which includes refractions and written lens prescriptions, from a designated plan provider
Call USFHP Customer Service at 1-800-808-7347 or search for an eye care facility near you.
Note: diagnosis and treatment of eye disease is covered in the same manner as any other medical specialty care and requires a referral from your primary care provider (PCP).
- Corrective lenses, frames, contact lenses and contact lens fittings are not covered.
- Corrective vision surgery is not covered [e.g., laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), radial keratotomy, photo refractive keratectomy (PRK), etc.].
- 20% discount on any pair of lenses and frames
- 5% discount on contact lenses
Discounts apply at all Wilmer Optical Shops and Superior Vision (formerly Block Vision) locations.
LASIK at Wilmer
- $400 discount on laser vision correction services on both eyes when performed by a member of the full-time faculty of the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call one of our laser vision centers.
Green Spring Station: 410-583-2800
Bel Air: 410-893-0480
Infertility Treatment Services
We’ve partnered with the Johns Hopkins University Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility to offer our members a comprehensive program of assisted reproductive technologies for the treatment of infertility.
- Diagnostic services are covered
- Discount is offered for all IVF (in vitro fertilization) and IUI (intrauterine insemination)
If you are interested in IVF or IUI procedures, you will need to get a referral from your PCP or OB provider. An initial appointment can be made in approximately 10 days from referral by calling: 410-616-7140.
Elective Cosmetic Surgery
- $500 discount on any procedure including anti-aging procedures, such as face lifts and rhinoplasty or nose jobs
- 15% discount on injectables including Botox
Discounts are offered by Dr. Byrne, Dr. Lisa Ishii, and Dr. Kofi Boahene at the Center for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Johns Hopkins.
Note: discounts apply to physician fee only. Hospital fees are not discounted due to Maryland regulations.
To request an appointment or to get more information about the Johns Hopkins Center for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Green Spring Station, call 410-955-4985.
TRICARE offers a special program, the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO), to provide financial assistance for qualifying military beneficiaries who have been diagnosed with moderate or severe intellectual disability, a serious physical disability, or an extraordinary physical or psychological condition.
Some examples of qualifying conditions include:
- Diagnosis of a neuromuscular developmental condition or other condition in an infant or toddler expected to precede a diagnosis of moderate or severe mental retardation or serious physical disability
- Extraordinary physical or psychological condition causing the beneficiary to be homebound
- Moderate or severe mental retardation
- Multiple disabilities (may qualify if there are two or more disabilities affecting separate body systems)
- Serious physical disability
The ECHO program’s coverage includes:
- Assistive services (e.g., those from a qualified interpreter or translator)
- Durable equipment, including adaptation and maintenance
- Expanded in-home medical services through TRICARE ECHO Home Health Care (EHHC)
- Medical and rehabilitative services
- In-home respite care services (can only be used in a month when at least one other ECHO benefit is being received):
- ECHO respite care—up to 16 hours per month (limited to the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam)
- EHHC respite care—up to eight hours per day, five days per week for those who qualify Note: The EHHC benefit cap is equivalent to what TRICARE would reimburse if the beneficiary was in a skilled nursing facility
- Training to use assistive technology devices
- Institutional care when a residential environment is required
- Special education (which can include applied behavioral analysis)
- Transportation under certain limited circumstances (includes the cost of a medical attendant when needed to safely transport the beneficiary)
ECHO benefits, services, and supplies are not available through the basic Johns Hopkins USFHP. All ECHO services require pre-authorization through Johns Hopkins USFHP Care Management.
To enroll in the ECHO program, you must currently be a member of Johns Hopkins USFHP, be enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) of their branch of service, and provide medical documentation that a qualifying condition exists. USFHP will grant provisional ECHO enrollment (for 90 days) while the sponsor completes the EFMP forms. Upon receipt of the application and documentation, members will receive a decision letter with their eligibility status.
- For general questions, potential ECHO enrollees or family members may call Johns Hopkins USFHP customer service at 410-424-4528 or 1-800-808-7347. We also have a dedicated ECHO Care Coordinator who can answer more detailed questions regarding the eligibility and enrollment process.