Saving You Money on Services
Our military community deserves the best. At Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan we are always looking for new programs and services that will positively impact your health. As a USFHP member you get access to these programs at a discounted rate. Take advantage of these opportunities today!
- Two free dental cleanings each year
- Discount on dental services at network dentists* in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia
- No premiums
- No paperwork or claims to fill out
- No deductibles or maximums
- No need to select a primary dental office
- No referrals required to see a specialist
*Note: the discount on dental services is not available at network dentists in Virginia at this time.
For more information, visit the United Concordia “Clients’ Corner” page.
One routine eye exam per year, which includes refractions and written lens prescriptions, from a designated plan provider
Call USFHP Customer Service at 1-800-808-7347 or search for an eye care facility near you.
Note: diagnosis and treatment of eye disease is covered in the same manner as any other medical specialty care and requires a referral from your primary care provider (PCP).
Corrective lenses, frames, contact lenses and contact lens fittings are not covered.
Corrective vision surgery is not covered [e.g., laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), radial keratotomy, photo refractive keratectomy (PRK), etc.].
20% discount on any pair of lenses and frames
5% discount on contact lenses
Discounts apply at all Wilmer Optical Shops and Superior Vision (formerly Block Vision) locations.
LASIK AT WILMER
$400 discount on laser vision correction services on both eyes when performed by a member of the full-time faculty of the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call one of our laser vision centers.
Green Spring Station: 410-583-2800
Bel Air: 410-893-0480
We’ve partnered with the Johns Hopkins University Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility to offer our members a comprehensive program of assisted reproductive technologies for the treatment of infertility.
- Diagnostic services are covered
- Discount is offered for all IVF (in vitro fertilization) and IUI (intrauterine insemination)
If you are interested in IVF or IUI procedures, you will need to get a referral from your PCP or OB provider. An initial appointment can be made in approximately 10 days from referral by calling: 410-616-7140.
- $500 discount on any procedure including anti-aging procedures, such as face lifts and rhinoplasty or nose jobs
- 15% discount on injectables including Botox
Discounts are offered by Dr. Byrne, Dr. Lisa Ishii, and Dr. Kofi Boahene at the Center for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Johns Hopkins.
Note: discounts apply to physician fee only. Hospital fees are not discounted due to Maryland regulations.
To request an appointment or to get more information about the Johns Hopkins Center for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Green Spring Station, call 410-955-4985.
TRICARE offers a special program, the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO), to provide financial assistance for qualifying military beneficiaries who have been diagnosed with moderate or severe intellectual disability, a serious physical disability, or an extraordinary physical or psychological condition.
Some examples of qualifying conditions include:
- Diagnosis of a neuromuscular developmental condition or other condition in an infant or toddler expected to precede a diagnosis of moderate or severe mental retardation or serious physical disability
- Extraordinary physical or psychological condition causing the beneficiary to be homebound
- Moderate or severe mental retardation
- Multiple disabilities (may qualify if there are two or more disabilities affecting separate body systems)
- Serious physical disability
The ECHO program’s coverage includes:
- Assistive services (e.g., those from a qualified interpreter or translator)
- Durable equipment, including adaptation and maintenance
- Expanded in-home medical services through TRICARE ECHO Home Health Care (EHHC)
- Medical and rehabilitative services
- In-home respite care services (can only be used in a month when at least one other ECHO benefit is being received):
- ECHO respite care—up to 16 hours per month
- EHHC respite care—up to eight hours per day, five days per week for those who qualify Note: The EHHC benefit cap is equivalent to what TRICARE would reimburse if the beneficiary was in a skilled nursing facility
- Training to use assistive technology devices
- Institutional care when a residential environment is required
- Special education
- Transportation under certain limited circumstances (includes the cost of a medical attendant when needed to safely transport the beneficiary)
- ECHO benefits, services, and supplies are not available through the basic Johns Hopkins USFHP. All ECHO services require pre-authorization through Johns Hopkins USFHP Care Management.
To enroll in the ECHO program, you must currently be a member of Johns Hopkins USFHP, be enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) of their branch of service, and provide medical documentation that a qualifying condition exists. USFHP will grant provisional ECHO enrollment (for 90 days) while the sponsor completes the EFMP forms. Upon receipt of the application and documentation, members will receive a decision letter with their eligibility status.
For general questions, potential ECHO enrollees or family members may call Johns Hopkins USFHP customer service at 410-424-4528 or 1-800-808-7347. We also have a dedicated ECHO Care Coordinator who can answer more detailed questions regarding the eligibility and enrollment process.
Discount: state-of-the-art hearing aids at 30-60% off retail price
TruHearing offers hearing aid solutions for a range of medical needs and personal preferences. Each customer receives a hearing exam with a provider in our network (a $75 copay), personalized hearing aid recommendations, three follow-up visits to make sure their products fit and work well within the first 12 months of purchase (at no additional cost*), and continued support with a TruHearing consultant. Purchases come with a 45-day trial, a 3-year warranty, and 48 free batteries for non-rechargeable models.
Use this discount: Call 844-394-5365 and ask for TruHearing. A consultant will verify coverage and help you set up a hearing exam locally. If it turns out you need hearing solutions, this provider will help you choose, order, and fit the right options for you.
*Any additional visits after these three would be subject to a charge (between $35 and $65 depending on services performed).
Discount: A full-year subscription for just $39!
Too busy with your family’s schedule to find time to work out? Do you prefer to work out at home, but you’re unsure where to start? BurnAlong, a cutting-edge fitness and wellness program, can help!
Want a bootcamp cardio routine? How about a wind-down yoga session? Browse—and follow along to—more than 1,000 classes in 30 categories. In addition to fitness workouts, classes include wellness topics such as nutrition and stress relief. Classes are added every day and accommodate all skill levels.
Get inspired by the BurnAlong community or start your own community. Enjoy live, private group workouts with friends, where you can interact and push each other, wherever you or they are in the world. You can also set goals or challenges for your workout buddies.
BurnAlong gives you recommendations for classes based on your preferences and previous workouts. You can follow specific instructors and programs. The platform also allows you to connect with other users and your instructors online.
The best part: you can take these classes on your own schedule, and at your own pace and convenience. Stream them anytime—alone or with friends—using your computer, tablet, or phone, or casting it to your T.V. Johns Hopkins USFHP members can sign up for an entire year of unlimited BurnAlong classes for just $39!
- Go to https://go.burnalong.com/register
- Put in your information and select annual plan.
- Put in discount code M39JH
Discount: $35 off your first order!
Do you enjoy preparing home-cooked meals, but can’t always find the time? Home Chef makes it easy to cook delicious, healthy meals for your family. Starting at $7.99 per serving, you choose a meal, and Home Chef delivers the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients to your home. No shopping and very little prep work required. The recipes are easy to follow, so you can create and plate a tasty dinner in about 30 minutes. Choose from 18 meal options every week, including steak, chicken, pork, fish, and vegetarian dishes.
Use this discount: Enter the code USFHP35 at checkout, or click here to automatically apply the discount.