We’ll Help You Save on Services
We are proud to leverage our Johns Hopkins network to provide our members with services that go beyond traditional coverage… and at a discounted rate!
Receive two free dental cleanings each year. In addition, you can get a discount on dental services from network dentists in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
We make it easy for you to take care of your dental health:
- No premiums
- No paperwork or claims to fill out
- No deductibles or maximums
- No need to select a primary dental office
No referrals required to see a specialist
We cover one routine eye exam per year, which includes refractions and written lens prescriptions, from a designated plan provider. Our eye care providers include:
- Any Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
- Superior Vision (formerly Block Vision)
- Participating community providers
- 20% discount for corrective lenses and frames and a 5% discount on contact lenses at all Wilmer Optical Shops and Superior Vision (formerly Block Vision) locations
- $400 discount for laser vision correction services on both eyes when performed by a member of the full-time faculty of the Wilmer Eye Institute
We’ve partnered with the Johns Hopkins University Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility to offer our members a comprehensive program of assisted reproductive technologies for the treatment of infertility.
Members can receive a $500 discount on any procedure including anti-aging procedures, such as face lifts and nose jobs, and a 15% discount on all injectables including Botox.
TRICARE offers a special program, the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO), to provide financial assistance for qualifying military beneficiaries who have been diagnosed with a moderate or severe intellectual disability, a serious physical disability, or an extraordinary physical or psychological condition.
The ECHO program’s coverage includes:
- Assistive services (e.g., those from a qualified interpreter or translator)
- Durable equipment, including adaptation and maintenance
- Expanded in-home medical services through TRICARE ECHO Home Health Care (EHHC)
- Medical and rehabilitative services
- In-home respite care services (can only be used in a month when at least one other ECHO benefit is being received):
- ECHO respite care—up to 16 hours per month (limited to the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam)
- EHHC respite care—up to eight hours per day, five days per week for those who qualify (Note: The EHHC benefit cap is equivalent to what TRICARE would reimburse if the beneficiary was in a skilled nursing facility.)
- Training to use assistive technology devices
- Institutional care when a residential environment is required
- Special education (which can include applied behavioral analysis)
- Transportation under certain limited circumstances (includes the cost of a medical attendant when needed to safely transport the beneficiary)
Johns Hopkins USFHP members can access state-of-the-art hearing aids at 30-60% off retail price with TruHearing. Hearing aids are available for a range of medical needs and personal preferences. Members who sign up have an initial hearing exam (a $75 copay), personalized hearing aid recommendations, three follow-up visits to make sure their products fit and work well within the first 12 months of purchase (at no additional cost*), and continued support with a TruHearing consultant. Purchases come with a 45-day trial, a 3-year warranty, and 48 free batteries for non-rechargeable models.
*Any additional visits after these three would be subject to a charge (between $35 and $65 depending on services performed).
We are excited to offer our members BurnAlong, a program that can help you achieve your best health and fitness! BurnAlong offers more than 1,000 classes in 30 categories, including cardio, mindfulness, nutrition, and physical therapy. Take classes with local and national instructors, tailored to your skill level, on your own schedule. You can stream classes on your own or with friends, on your computer, tablet, phone, or casting it to your T.V.—whatever works best for you. All of this is available to Johns Hopkins USFHP members for $39 for an entire year!
Do you enjoy preparing home-cooked meals, but can’t always find the time? Home Chef makes it easy to cook delicious, healthy meals for your family. Starting at $7.99 per serving, you choose a meal, and Home Chef delivers the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients to your home. No shopping and very little prep work required. The recipes are easy to follow, so you can create and plate a tasty dinner in about 30 minutes. Choose from 18 meal options every week, including steak, chicken, pork, fish, and vegetarian dishes. Through Johns Hopkins USFHP, members get $35 off your first order!