We’ll Help You Save on Services
Johns Hopkins USFHP members can enjoy discounts on dental, vision, special, and supplemental services.
Receive two free dental cleanings each year. In addition, you can get a discount on dental services from network dentists in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
We make it easy for you to take care of your dental health:
- No premiums
- No paperwork or claims to fill out
- No deductibles or maximums
- No need to select a primary dental office
No referrals required to see a specialist
We cover one routine eye exam per year, which includes refractions and written lens prescriptions, from a designated plan provider. Our eye care providers include:
- Any Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
- Superior Vision (formerly Block Vision)
- Participating community providers
- 20% discount for corrective lenses and frames and a 5% discount on contact lenses at all Wilmer Optical Shops and Superior Vision (formerly Block Vision) locations
- $400 discount for laser vision correction services on both eyes when performed by a member of the full-time faculty of the Wilmer Eye Institute
We are proud to leverage our Johns Hopkins network to provide our members with services that go beyond traditional coverage… and at a discounted rate! We offer special services to our members including infertility treatments, cosmetic surgery, and financial assistance.
Infertility Treatment Services
We’ve partnered with the Johns Hopkins University Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility to offer our members a comprehensive program of assisted reproductive technologies for the treatment of infertility.
Elective Cosmetic Surgery
Members can receive a $500 discount on any procedure including anti-aging procedures, such as face lifts and nose jobs, and a 15% discount on all injectables including Botox.
TRICARE offers a special program, the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO), to provide financial assistance for qualifying military beneficiaries who have been diagnosed with a moderate or severe intellectual disability, a serious physical disability, or an extraordinary physical or psychological condition.
The ECHO program’s coverage includes:
- Assistive services (e.g., those from a qualified interpreter or translator)
- Durable equipment, including adaptation and maintenance
- Expanded in-home medical services through TRICARE ECHO Home Health Care (EHHC)
- Medical and rehabilitative services
- In-home respite care services (can only be used in a month when at least one other ECHO benefit is being received):
- ECHO respite care—up to 16 hours per month (limited to the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam)
- EHHC respite care—up to eight hours per day, five days per week for those who qualify (Note: The EHHC benefit cap is equivalent to what TRICARE would reimburse if the beneficiary was in a skilled nursing facility.)
- Training to use assistive technology devices
- Institutional care when a residential environment is required
- Special education (which can include applied behavioral analysis)
- Transportation under certain limited circumstances (includes the cost of a medical attendant when needed to safely transport the beneficiary)