Learn Healthy Habits
Johns Hopkins USFHP’s health education programs and workshops cover a wide variety of topics to help our members achieve their best health. Read our program descriptions and current class locations, dates, and times below.
Johns Hopkins USFHP is currently offering virtual classes!
Your health is important, and we’re here to support your goals by whatever means necessary. Classes will be held through Zoom meetings. Registration is required. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-957-9760 or email@example.com.
Register for one of these upcoming classes:
Sign up for emails with upcoming class dates and times:
Adult Weight Management
Eating the Healthy Way
- This 60-minute workshop is aimed to provide participants with the tools necessary to make healthy choices throughout the day, as well as on the go.
- Ways to incorporate physical activity into a busy day will also be discussed, along with specific ideas for all 3 main meals.
- Additionally, participants will learn practical ways to shop and plan ahead while staying within a budget.
Let's Get Physical
- This 60-minute virtual workshop educates participants with tools and resources for incorporating or increasing physical activity into their daily lives.
- Benefits of physical activity and overcoming barriers to being more active will be addressed, as well as the role of nutrition to fuel planned activity.
- Participants will also learn how to develop a well-rounded exercise plan.
Moving in the Right Direction
- Moving in the Right Direction is designed to jumpstart participants’ weight loss efforts.
- This 60-minute virtual workshop teaches participants how to improve their eating habits, make healthier food choices using the MyPlate method, and increase physical activity.
- Participants will understand the basics of weight control and set a weight loss goal.
Blood, Are You Pressuring Me?
- This 60-minute virtual workshop educates participants about High Blood Pressure.
- The participants will learn the warning signs of uncontrolled blood pressure and the effects it has on their health.
- Participants will also learn ways to manage their blood pressure by eating healthy, lowering their sodium intake, and being physically active.
Children's Weight Management
Chronic Disease Self-Management
Diabetes: A Healthier You
- This 60-minute virtual diabetes workshop focuses on the importance of nutrition and physical fitness for adults to live healthier with diabetes.
- Via a Zoom webinar, members will learn how to count carbs, basic meal planning, and how to aim for a healthy weight.
- The impact of physical activity on diabetes, and what to do, will also be discussed.
- Diabetes workshop designed to provide adults with tools and resources for better understanding and managing diabetes.
- Members will gain a better understanding of blood sugar and how to manage it; how to prevent health complications; and how to manage sick days.
- Members will also learn about the impact diabetes has on mental health, and why they should follow the recommended care plan.
Pre-diabetes & Me
- This 60-minute virtual workshop aims to educate pre-diabetics with the necessary steps to better their health and lower blood glucose numbers.
- The goal of the workshop is to help members prolong or prevent a diabetes diagnosis.
- Participants will learn how to eat healthy, count carbohydrates, incorporate exercise into their life, and effectively work with their health care provider.
Baby Basics (Part 1 and 2)
- 2-hour workshop designed to educate expecting and new parents on caregiving for their newborn, aged from birth to 6-months
- Information provided includes: feedings, bathing, diaper changes, safe sleeping and tips for when to call the doctor. Additional support and resources on lactation and car seat safety will be available.
Sleep Your Way to Better Health
- This 60-minute virtual workshop is aimed at increasing knowledge about sleep and the importance of creating good sleep habits for better overall health.
- Participants will learn what effects sleep has on the body, how much is needed, common sleep disorders, and the connection between chronic disease and proper sleep.