Learn Healthy Habits
Johns Hopkins USFHP’s health education programs and workshops cover a wide variety of topics to help our members achieve their best health. Read our program descriptions and current class locations, dates, and times below.
Johns Hopkins USFHP is currently offering virtual classes!
Your health is important, and we’re here to support your goals. Classes will be held through Zoom meetings. Registration is required. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-957-9760 or email@example.com.
Register for one of these upcoming classes:
Sign up for emails with upcoming class dates and times:
Adult Weight Management
Let’s Get Physical
- Could you use some encouragement to help you increase physical activity and incorporate it into your daily life?
- Learn the benefits of physical activity, how to overcome barriers to being more active and how proper nutrition fuels physical activity.
- Learn how to develop a well-rounded exercise plan.
Blood, Are You Pressuring Me?
- Learn the warning signs of uncontrolled blood pressure and its effects on your health.
- Learn ways to manage your blood pressure by eating healthy, lowering sodium intake and being physically active.
Children’s Weight Management
Raising Healthy Kids
- This workshop provides parents and caregivers of children the tools and resources to support kids’ and teens’ health.
- Learn how to create a healthy plate, fun family exercises, the effects of screen time and how to support kids’ mental health and well-being.
Chronic Disease Self-Management
The Basics of COPD
- Learn how to successfully manage and live well with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Diabetes: A Healthier You
- Discuss the importance of nutrition and physical fitness and how they help you live healthier with diabetes.
- Learn basic meal planning, how to count carbs and how to aim for a healthy weight.
Pre-diabetes & Me
- The goal of this workshop is to help you prevent a diagnosis of diabetes.
- Learn the necessary steps to improve your health and lower blood glucose.
- Learn how to eat healthy, count carbohydrates, incorporate exercise into your life and effectively work with your health care provider.
Matters of the Heart
- Learn about heart disease and how to manage your risk factors.
- Learning activities focus on stress reduction, exercise, healthy eating, medication management and regular visits with your health care team.
Baby Basics (Part 1 and 2)
- This two-part (1 hour each day) workshop teaches expecting and new parents about caregiving for a newborn(s) from birth to 6 months of age.
- Join this workshop to learn more about feeding and bathing, changing diapers, safe sleeping, tips for when to call the doctor, self-care and overall well-being.
- Discover additional resources on lactation and car seat safety.
Sleep Well for Your Workday
How well are you sleeping? This class will give you the tools and resources to create a better work-sleep balance. You’ll learn to recognize the symptoms of common sleep disorders and how you may be sabotaging your sleep. Gain practical strategies to improve your amount and quality of sleep and learn how to practice good sleep hygiene.
You can opt out of Care Management services at any time by contacting us at 800-557-6916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.