Learn Healthy Habits
Johns Hopkins USFHP’s health education programs and workshops cover a wide variety of topics to help our members achieve their best health. Read our program descriptions and current class locations, dates, and times below.
Johns Hopkins USFHP is currently offering virtual classes!
Your health is important, and we’re here to support your goals. Classes will be held through Zoom meetings. Registration is required. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-957-9760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for one of these upcoming classes:
Sign up for emails with upcoming class dates and times:
Adult Weight Management
Eating the Healthy Way
- This class provides you with the tools you need to make healthy choices throughout the day, as well as on the go.
- Discuss ways to incorporate physical activity into a busy day, along with specific ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Learn practical ways to shop and plan meals ahead while staying within a budget.
Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
- Jump-start your weight loss efforts with this class!
- Learn how to improve your eating habits, make healthier food choices using the MyPlate method and increase your physical activity.
- Discuss the basics of weight control and set a weight loss goal.
Let’s Get Physical
- Could you use some encouragement to help you increase physical activity and incorporate it into your daily life?
- Learn the benefits of physical activity, how to overcome barriers to being more active and how proper nutrition fuels physical activity.
- Learn how to develop a well-rounded exercise plan.
Children’s Weight Management
Chronic Disease Self-Management
Diabetes: A Healthier You
- Discuss the importance of nutrition and physical fitness and how they help you live healthier with diabetes.
- Learn basic meal planning, how to count carbs and how to aim for a healthy weight.
- This workshop gives you the tools and resources to better understand and manage diabetes.
- Gain a better understanding of blood sugar and how to manage it, as well as how to prevent health complications and manage sick days.
- Learn about the impact of diabetes on mental health and why you should follow the recommended care plan.
Pre-diabetes & Me
- The goal of this workshop is to help you prevent a diagnosis of diabetes.
- Learn the necessary steps to improve your health and lower blood glucose.
- Learn how to eat healthy, count carbohydrates, incorporate exercise into your life and effectively work with your health care provider.
Baby Basics (Part 1 and 2)
- This two-part (1 hour each day) workshop teaches expecting and new parents about caregiving for a newborn(s) from birth to 6 months of age.
- Join this workshop to learn more about feeding and bathing, changing diapers, safe sleeping, tips for when to call the doctor, self-care and overall well-being.
- Discover additional resources on lactation and car seat safety.
Sleep Well for Your Workday
How well are you sleeping? This class will give you the tools and resources to create a better work-sleep balance. You’ll learn to recognize the symptoms of common sleep disorders and how you may be sabotaging your sleep. Gain practical strategies to improve your amount and quality of sleep and learn how to practice good sleep hygiene.
Sleep Your Way to Better Health
- Improve your knowledge about sleep and the importance of creating good sleep habits for better overall health.
- Learn how sleep affects your body, how much sleep you need, common sleep disorders and the connection between chronic disease and proper sleep.
- Discover specific actions you can take to improve your quality of sleep.
Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Increase your knowledge about stress and anxiety and how they affect your health.
- Identify your individual stressors, learn techniques to reduce stress and anxiety and practice mindfulness.
Stress Less for Your Workday
Are you feeling stressed from work? This class will give you the tools and resources to take charge of your time and feel less stressed during the workday. You’ll learn strategies to reduce work stress, tips for organizing and prioritizing, and strategies for better work-life integration.