Learn Healthy Habits
Johns Hopkins USFHP’s health education programs and workshops cover a wide variety of topics to help our members achieve their best health. Read our program descriptions and current class locations, dates, and times below.
Johns Hopkins USFHP is currently offering virtual classes!
Your health is important, and we’re here to support your goals by whatever means necessary. Classes will be held through Zoom meetings. Registration is required. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-957-9760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for one of these upcoming classes:
Sign up for emails with upcoming class dates and times:
Adult Weight Management
Eating the Healthy Way
- This 60-minute workshop is aimed to provide participants with the tools necessary to make healthy choices throughout the day, as well as on the go.
- Ways to incorporate physical activity into a busy day will also be discussed, along with specific ideas for all 3 main meals.
- Additionally, participants will learn practical ways to shop and plan ahead while staying within a budget.
Diabetes: A Healthier You
- This 60-minute virtual diabetes workshop focuses on the importance of nutrition and physical fitness for adults to live healthier with diabetes.
- Via a Zoom webinar, members will learn how to count carbs, basic meal planning, and how to aim for a healthy weight.
- The impact of physical activity on diabetes, and what to do, will also be discussed.
- Diabetes workshop designed to provide adults with tools and resources for better understanding and managing diabetes.
- Members will gain a better understanding of blood sugar and how to manage it; how to prevent health complications; and how to manage sick days.
- Members will also learn about the impact diabetes has on mental health, and why they should follow the recommended care plan.
Baby Basics (Part 1 and 2)
- 2-hour workshop designed to educate expecting and new parents on caregiving for their newborn, aged from birth to 6-months
- Information provided includes: feedings, bathing, diaper changes, safe sleeping and tips for when to call the doctor. Additional support and resources on lactation and car seat safety will be available.
- This 60-minute workshop is designed to increase participants’ knowledge about stress and how it affects our health.
- While learning the basics of stress, participants will gain tools and resources for assessing their individual stressors and learn stress reduction techniques.
- Additionally, participants will learn practical ways to manage everyday stress.