Unmatched Dedication to Quality Improvement
The Quality Improvement (QI) department at Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) uses national measures and best practices to ensure that Johns Hopkins USFHP members receive the highest quality health care services available. Our QI department uses key processes for analysis, strategy, implementation, monitoring, and reporting as an integral part of the internal QI operation.
QI initiatives, identified through analysis of data, are aimed at delivering continued improvement in the following areas:
Quality of Care
& Member Safety
QI initiatives and projects are developed after careful consideration that includes the potential positive impact on member health outcomes. The progress of QI initiatives and projects is regularly evaluated and updated. The outcomes of all quality initiatives and studies are evaluated annually to identify any trends. In addition, results from the annual evaluation are used when setting objectives for the upcoming year.
2016 Quality Improvement Highlights
- “Excellent” accreditation status through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA®)
- Rated 5.0 on a scale of 5.0, placing USFHP among the 13 health plans in the nation to achieve this high rating
- The highest possible percentile ranking (NCQA 90th percentile) for the following the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) measures:
- Adult BMI Assessment; Asthma Medication Ratio; Cervical Cancer Screening; Comprehensive Diabetes Care – HbA1c Control (<8); Comprehensive Diabetes Care – Eye Exam; Comprehensive Diabetes Care – Poor HbA1c Control (>9.0%); Controlling High Blood Pressure; Flu Vaccination for Adults Ages 18-64; Follow-Up for ADHD Medications – Initiation Phase; Immunizations for Adolescents (Combo 1); Medication Management for People with Asthma; Pharmacotherapy Management of COPD – Systemic Corticosteroid; Pharmacotherapy Management of COPD – Bronchodilator and Timeliness of Prenatal Care. View the full HEDIS® results.
- NCQA® HEDIS® auditor recognition and audit SEAL for 2016 HEDIS®
- Member rating of health plan, personal doctor, health care, customer service and getting needed care exceeded the 90thpercentile benchmark ranking from Quality Compass as measured by the annual member satisfaction survey. View the full 2017 Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) results.