Meet Our Front Line
Our team of field service representatives is dedicated to helping you make the best health insurance coverage decisions for your family. Each representative has roots that run deep in the military and, as members themselves, extensive knowledge of the Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan. You can find our field service reps leading the presentations at our information briefings across our region’s military bases.
Field service representatives are able to answer your questions if you are not a member and are looking to join the plan. Members with questions can call customer service at 410-424-4528.
Steve Whisler, LT, U.S. Navy (Ret)
- Phone number: 410-963-7066
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Steve at: Johns Hopkins HealthCare headquarters and military sites across the USFHP network in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware
- Steve is a retired navy veteran with service in the enlisted and officer ranks. Among his numerous military decorations are the Air Medal and Combat Action Ribbon, which he earned after accumulating over 750 flight hours, 200 under direct combat conditions. He has held senior management positions in the defense industry and Baltimore-area non-profits for the past two decades. Steve and his family have been USFHP members since 2003. He is intimately familiar with TRICARE’s plans, benefits, and coverage and enjoys helping active duty families and retirees get the most out of their health care options.
William (Bill) P. Holmes III, COL, U.S. Army (Ret)
- Phone number: 301-910-0766
- Email address: email@example.com
- Find Bill at: Fort Detrick, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Suburban Hospital, Joint Base Myer- Henderson Hall, Fort Belvoir, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Fort Meade, Reserve Component, National Guard units
- Bill began his military career by serving two years as an Army enlisted man. He then served 30 years as an Army Officer—fifteen of which were in foreign countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and initially in Hawaii in 1959 when it became the 50th state of our union. Bill’s military career also included stateside duty in South Carolina, Missouri, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Virginia, Kansas, California, Nebraska, and Louisiana. As a retired Colonel of Infantry (O-6) and a USFHP member for over 12 years, Bill is dedicated to helping the military community take control of their health care.
- Phone number: 301-502-0715
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Katrina at: Joint Base Andrews, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Pentagon, Patuxent Naval Air Station, Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Katrina is the wife of a retired Chief Master Sergeant (CMSgt) of the U.S. Air Force (USAF), and knows the mid-Atlantic region inside and out. Throughout her husband’s 30-year career in the USAF, she spent 22 years at Joint Base Andrews in Prince George’s County. Katrina and her husband have four grown children who were all born at Joint Base Andrews. Two of them are active-duty in the USAF. Katrina has been part of the TRICARE system for almost 34 years: TRICARE Prime for 22 and USFHP for 11 ½. Having long-running experience with the Military Health System, Katrina is proficient at informing others of TRICARE options and feels honored to be doing so through Johns Hopkins USFHP.
- Phone number: 240-338-8027
- Find Larry at: Dover Air Force Base, various events in Delaware
- Larry served in the U.S. Navy from 1967-1992, when he retired as a U.S. Navy Captain Surface Warfare Officer (SWO). Larry’s 25-year military career includes: two tours in San Diego, California (1968-1971) in USS Duluth (LPD-6) as a deck division officer, admin/pers. off. and navigator; three years of instructor duty at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland (1971-1974), and one year at Destroyer School in Newport, Rhode Island (1975); Operations Officer aboard USS Glennon (DD-840) in Charleston, South Carolina (1975-1976); Chief Engineer USS Suribachi (AE-21) in Earl, New Jersey (1976-1978); Naval Reserve Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) (1979-1981); Naval Reserve Selected Reserve (SELREV) (1981-1992) in various units supporting the Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), and the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA). He and his wife of more than half a century have been members of Johns Hopkins USFHP for eight years.
- Phone number: 636-385-0526
- Email address: email@example.com
- Find Keri at: Fort Detrick, Suburban Hospital, Walter Reed National Naval Medical Center (WRNNMC), Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Keri is the wife of a retired Lieutenant Colonel (LtCol) of the U.S. Marine Corps and has been in the Maryland area since 2011 after moving here from Okinawa, JP with her family. As the wife of a retiree, and a member of the plan, Keri feels privileged to be able to provide other military beneficiaries with information about Johns Hopkins USFHP and help military families take control of their healthcare.
- Phone number: 410-991-4911
- Find Vicki at: Fort Meade, Naval Support Activity Annapolis, United States Naval Academy
- Vicki is going on her fifteenth year as a member of USFHP, and she has been a field services representative of the Johns Hopkins plan for over a decade. As the wife of a Navy retiree, Vicki feels privileged to be able to personally provide other military beneficiaries with information about Johns Hopkins USFHP.