Ask the Experts
Each representative has roots that run deep in the military and, as members themselves, extensive knowledge of the Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan. You can find our field service reps leading the presentations at our information briefings across our region’s military bases.
Field service representatives are able to answer your questions if you are not a member and are looking to join the plan. Members with questions can call customer service at 800-808-7347.
Steve Whisler, LT, U.S. Navy (Ret)
- Phone number: 410-963-7066
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Steve at: Johns Hopkins HealthCare headquarters and military sites across the USFHP network in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware
- Steve is a retired navy veteran with service in the enlisted and officer ranks. Among his numerous military decorations are the Air Medal and Combat Action Ribbon, which he earned after accumulating over 750 flight hours, 200 under direct combat conditions. He has held senior management positions in the defense industry and Baltimore-area non-profits for the past two decades. Steve and his family have been USFHP members since 2003. He is intimately familiar with TRICARE’s plans, benefits, and coverage and enjoys helping active duty families and retirees get the most out of their health care options.
Larry Woda, U.S. Navy (Ret)
- Phone number: 240-338-8027
- Email address: email@example.com
- Find Larry at: Dover Air Force Base, various events in Delaware
- Larry served in the U.S. Navy from 1967-1992, when he retired as a U.S. Navy Captain Surface Warfare Officer (SWO). Larry’s 25-year military career includes: two tours in San Diego, California (1968-1971) in USS Duluth (LPD-6) as a deck division officer, admin/pers. off. and navigator; three years of instructor duty at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland (1971-1974), and one year at Destroyer School in Newport, Rhode Island (1975); Operations Officer aboard USS Glennon (DD-840) in Charleston, South Carolina (1975-1976); Chief Engineer USS Suribachi (AE-21) in Earl, New Jersey (1976-1978); Naval Reserve Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) (1979-1981); Naval Reserve Selected Reserve (SELREV) (1981-1992) in various units supporting the Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), and the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA). He and his wife of more than half a century have been members of Johns Hopkins USFHP since 2011.
- Phone number: 703-946-3318
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Rebecca at: military installations in northern Virginia and Washington DC.
- Rebecca, the spouse of a retired Air Force Colonel, has lived in northern Virginia for over 10 years. She joined USFHP in 2018 and became a Field Services Representative after her husband’s retirement from active duty in 2019. Rebecca brings a wealth of experience with over 24 years and 11 PCS moves around the world, where her family experienced every option military medicine has to offer. After navigating her family successfully through medical challenges, she has become a passionate advocate for military and veteran families.
- Phone number: 410-991-4911
- Email address: email@example.com
- Find Vicki at: Fort Meade, Naval Support Activity Annapolis, United States Naval Academy
- Vicki has been a member since 2004 and a field services representative since 2008. As the wife of a Navy retiree, Vicki feels privileged to personally provide other military beneficiaries with information about Johns Hopkins USFHP.
Marty Hauser, U.S. Air Force (Ret)
- Phone number: 785-539-5983
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Marty at: Military Installations and partner healthcare facilities in northern Virginia
- Marty is a retired Air Force Colonel with more than 26 years of Active Duty and Reserve service. Marty was assigned to Vandenberg AFB, Patrick AFB, and the Johnson Space Center. He also supported several offices in the Pentagon, including the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of the Air Force, and Director of the National Reconnaissance Office. Since his retirement, he has held senior executive positions with the top-40 firm United Technologies and non-profit Space Foundation. Marty is also a board member of the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame and Operation Homefront, a national charity that helps military members and their families with financial, food, housing, and other types of critical assistance.
- Kim has been married to her Active Duty U.S. Marine for 25 years. They have 4 sons and have used every healthcare option the military provides. Kim joined USFHP in 2019 after their 11th PCS move to Virginia. She joined the Field Services team in 2021. Her goal is to ensure all eligible families are educated about the Johns Hopkins Tricare Prime option. Her family has since made their 12th PCS to Annapolis MD.