Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan is tracking the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We want to make sure you have up-to-date information about vaccines, testing, and your health plan benefits.
The Public Health Emergency (PHE) for COVID-19 has been renewed through October 19, 2021. All coverage, costs and benefits affected by the PHE as indicated on this webpage will continue until that date.
COVID-19 vaccine information by state:
Johns Hopkins USFHP is working hard to make it easy for you to take advantage of COVID-19 testing and vaccines and to get the health care you need during the pandemic. Three COVID-19 vaccines have been authorized by the FDA. Learn more.
The Pfizer, Moderna, and Janssen COVID-19 vaccines have been thoroughly tested and found to be safe and effective in preventing severe COVID-19, and are undergoing continuous and intense safety monitoring. To date, there is an excellent safety record reported among millions of people who have received the Pfizer, Janssen, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more.
- Johns Hopkins USFHP members will have no cost share for an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine when received from an in-network provider or Walgreens pharmacy.
- Click your state’s link above to find your vaccine information and locations.
You can still get the care you need without leaving home. Talk to your provider about using telehealth services. TRICARE expanded telehealth coverage for the duration of the COVID-19 emergency:
- Members now have no cost shares for any covered telehealth appointments (not just visits related to COVID-19).
- Normal referral and pre-authorization requirements apply.
- For covered services, members can use telehealth to work with any Johns Hopkins USFHP authorized individual provider.
- Testing for COVID-19 is covered when symptomatic and referred by your physician.
- Members will have no cost-shares (copayments, co-insurance and deductibles) for COVID-19 testing or for visits associated with COVID-19 evaluation that leads to testing.
- No pre-authorization requirement for COVID-19 testing.
- Early refill restrictions waived on prescription for at least 30-day supplies.
Members can also consider getting a 90-day supply of maintenance medications you take on a regular basis. Visit COVID-19 – Frequently Asked Pharmacy Questions or our pharmacy page to learn more about your prescription coverage.